WoW Junkies Anonymous
Submitter says: “My hoovies priest, Shiavara, taking a magic carpet ride in Stormwind.”
Love the magic carpet! I have one too on my priest :)
Bitter is such a LOVE FOOL!
The Blizzard Balance Brainstorm
Bitter's World of Warcraft Blog: Love is in the Air - Holiday Guide (Feb. 5th - 19th)
It’s that time again ladies and gentlemen. Love is in the Air! Another reason that I must be insane. (Like I needed another one.) Found a fabulous guide at WoWhead again.
Ah, love is in the air in the World of Warcraft: sweet flowers, perfume, and sharing gifts with loved ones! But,…
The Hipster Retadin
My Favorite Add ons - Bitterivy
Here’s a copy of the post I made in my own blog regarding the addons I use.
I actually use quite a few addons. Some are addons I cannot live without and some are completely optional, that I’ve fell in love with for one reason or another. I’ll do my best to list them by category. The most important addon you can have, and in my opinion a MUST HAVE, is called Addon Control Panel. This will allow you turn off and on all your addons on a toon to toon basis. You just need to disable all addons on the main login screen except ACP. (Remember that sometimes addons won’t be updated to the current patch, though they’ll still work fine, you’ll need to check the box to load out-of-date addons.)
Must Have addons:
- Addon Control Panel - adds the “Addons” button to the game’s main menu, allowing you to turn off and on addons per character.
- Deadly Boss Mods - raid/dungeon warnings etc.
- Deadly Boss Mods/Wrath, BC & Vanilla - Additional mods for Classic, Burning Crusade, and Wrath
- IceHUD - is a highly configurable and customizable HUD addon in the spirit of DHUD, MetaHUD, and others designed to keep your focus in the center of the screen where your character is.
- iLvLr - is an add on that has been developed to conveniently provide at-a-glance information inside of the character pane. The intended purpose is to make the gearing up process more efficient.
- Omen Threat Meter - Basically, enemies in WoW decide who to attack by deciding who is the most threatening based on the abilities you use.
- OmniCC - is an addon that adds text to items, spell and abilities that are on cooldown to indicate when they will be ready to use.
- Recount - Graphical meter that tracks damage, healing, interrupts etc.
- RatingBuster - a tool for item comparison.
Retribution Pally Specific Addons:
Any Class that has ability to heal:
- Healbot Continued - Allows for 60 key mouse combinations to cast any beneficial spells. AND MORE…
- Mage Nuggets - Mage Nuggets is a utility with many useful nuggets to make the lives of mages easier. (Useful for caster classes, hex meter for shammy, addon for boomies as well.)
- Decursive - is a cleansing mod intended to make affliction removal easy, effective and fun for all the classes having this ability. Great for removing curses and polymorphing mind controlled party/raid members.
Enhancement Shammy Specific:
- ShockandAwe - timers bars & shows a user configurable priority icon frame to advise you of what the highest damage ability available is. Using the priority frame ensures you always use the highest damage ability to maximize your DPS.
- SellJunk - sells all junk to the vendors, either automatically or with a simple button push.
- Raidachievement - Reports in chat (or with sound) when group or raid achievement that you can’t track is failed or when all criteria of the achievement are fulfilled and you need to kill boss. AND MORE…
- ProspectBar - adds a moveable anchor to allow for fast (left-clicking) disenchanting, prosecting, milling etc.
- AtlasLoot Enhanced - is an UI mod allowing for loot tables of bosses to be browsed whenever needed within the game.
- Postal - Postal offers enhanced mailbox support by providing many features.
- Gathermate2 - to track nodes in the world and instances
- Overachiever - tools and tweaks to make the lives of players seeking Achievements a little bit easier.
- Elephant - logs the chat for you in the background.
- Prat 3.0 - is a chat enhancement addon
- Archy (Archaeology Assistant) - is an assistant for Archaeologists that want information at their finger tips.
- Coordinates - will show coordinates on the minimap as well as on the bottom of the world map.
- BankItems - tracks contents of all toons banks, gbanks, bags, equipped items and mail.
- Skill Helper - is an add on that was developed to track skill progression. It will alert you when training is required to increase your cap so you don’t waste time picking herbs or mining nodes without knowing you aren’t getting skill points. The add on has its own action buttons that relate to each skill so that you don’t have to clutter your action bars or open the profession window to access these.
- Ackis Recipe List - Is an addon which will scan your trade skills and provide information on how to obtain recipes.
- _NPCScan - tracks seldom-seen rare mobs by proximity alone, making the old “/targetexact …” macros obsolete.
- _NPCScan.Overlay - is an addition to _NPCScan that adds map overlays for rare mob patrols.
- Auctioneer - Provides you with the tools and data necessary to make those difficult auctioning decisions with ease.
- Achievement Screenshotter - takes screenshots of important events in your WoW life. It can automatically take a screenshot when you earn an Achievement, when you Level Up, and when you reach a Reputation Milestone
- _Corpse - _Corpse tells you the faction, online status, and other information about corpses you see.
- myHonor - A data broker add-on for Honor and Conquest points.
- SaySapped - A very lightweight and simple mod that instantly says “Sapped” to alert those around you whenever a rogue saps you.
- Stealth Alerter - detects if someone near you uses a stealth ability.
- BG Defender - BG Defender (Based on AB Defender) gives you a little movable window with buttons to announce the number of incoming enemies at the base you’re defending in AB, EoS, AV and WSG.
Titan Panel Addon & Plugins:
- Titan Panel - Titan Panel adds one or two information bars on the top and/or bottom of the screen and allows a framework for extensive plugin support.
- Reputation - allows you to more easily monitor and track your faction standings with any faction you may be farming reputation with.
- RestPlus - keeps track of the RestXP amounts and status for all of your characters.
- Currency - will display all the Currency you have on the current toon in a tool tip. It shows the current Toons Gold amount on the Titan Panel bar.
- Diggerest - plugin for TitanPanel will help you to earn achievements: [It Belongs in a Museum!] & [Diggerest] and displays useful information about Archaeolog
- Guild - A simple guild list for the Titan Panel AddOn.
- Quests - adds a new button on Titan Panel, granting direct access to the quest list and some quest-related functionality.
- Ranged Attack Power - plug in that displays you current ranged attack power as seen on your character sheet.
- Screenshoter - plugin for TitanPanel to help Fine-tuning of graphic effects for create high-quality screenshots (and more)
- Social - Combined RealID, Friends, and Guild plugin for Titan Panel.
- VP Cap Progress - Integrating in with Titan Panel, this addon keeps track of you Valor Point Cap progress on your characters.
- Avoidance - A simple, configurable, plugin for Titan Panel which shows your avoidance numbers
Not really sure why I felt the need to make another blog about World of Warcraft. Probably because I am addicted and needed a place to see other people’s WoW experiences w/o having to search for them. If you want to join us shoot me a message, don’t forget to tell me why you want to join, your character/realm names etc. Tell me a little about yourself. Good Luck & Have Fun!